Friends often ask for Indian recipes. And of course they have to be easy to follow and always turn out well. Here are our faves.
Chicken in a Cashew Nut Sauce
from the cookbook Healthy Indian cooking
- saute the onions, garlic and cashews before blending
- brown the chicken before adding to the sauce
- vegetarian option - replace the chicken with cauliflower and peas
- such a favorite, we generally quadruple the recipe
- chili powder here means dried, powdered chili -- North Americans might call it cayenne.
Quick Chicken Tikka Masala
I've never actually made the kind where you marinate and grill, but this tastes just right and is a big hit with my pre K kiddo.
- This is a very mild recipe; try adding cayenne pepper (start with 1/2 to 1 tsp per recipe) to kick up the heat.
- Again, for a vegetarian option, replace the chicken with cauliflower and peas
Sweet Potato Chicken Curry
DH regularly requests this.
Favorite Indian Cooking Resources
Hooked on heat hookedonheat.com
and her facebook page facebook.com/hookedonheat/
South Indian cooking show from Milwaukee PBS
very helpful cooking videos. On facebook and youtube also.